Grotto Communications is a full service marketing communications company offering our expertise to achieve both strategic and tactical objectives.
What separates us most from other marketing communications firms is that we can integrate a wide range of services to optimally support an company’s mission and goals, while deploying only what is needed.
Samples of our work (see “Our Marketing Toolbox” in the right column) show you WHAT we do. This page describes HOW we do them. Service areas include…
- Develop marketing plans.
- Conduct market research.
- Develop brand identities.
- Create integrated systems of communication.
- Plan and execute processes, programs and events.
- Train staff, coordinate efforts of other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Provide regular reporting and evaluation mechanisms.
- Assess the effectiveness of internal communication structures, identify issues and concerns.
- Implement tools to facilitate the dissemination of key information to internal stakeholders.
- Solicit feedback.
- Engage staff in problem solving.
- Provide communications training, as needed.
Qualitative and Quantitative Research
- Develop survey instruments.
- Identify and communicate with sample subjects.
- Arrange research sessions (including catering, presentations, materials).
- Conduct focus groups.
- Gather results.
- Write reports.
Writing, editing, design
- Carefully craft messages to target audiences.
- Services include ads, direct mail, promotions, presentations and web content copy, as well as lengthier, more in-depth writing for magazines, technical reports, white papers and documentation for relevant boards and agencies.
- Develop graphic design that runs the gamut, including full identity systems (logo, stationery, style guides), flyers, newsletters and e-newsletters.
- Complete web site design and technical development, including information architecture, usability, graphic design, content development, coding, search engine optimization, evaluation metrics and administration.
- Research, negotiate, schedule and arrange ad development and placement (any medium), from small print ads to radio or television commercials.
Printing and Fulfillment
- Work with designers, production specialists, printers, etc., to execute any project (advertising, direct mail, publishing, promotions, event materials).
- Obtain bids.
- Handle proofing.
- Arrange fulfillment for direct mail and e-mail campaigns.
Press and media relations
- Develop strategy to obtain press coverage that achieves client objectives.
- Identify target audiences, key media and story angles.
- Craft press release, media alerts and story pitches.
- Send/pitch to target media.